Case Study: Healthgrades
Healthgrades is a free, online resource for consumers that offers objective quality data about hospitals and doctors.
Initial Challenge: Increase media visibility to drive consumers to the Healthgrades website.
Every year, Healthgrades publishes a report card rating the quality of the nation’s hospitals. In 2012, Healthgrades hired a public relations firm to build national media awareness of the Healthgrades ratings, and enlisted Archelle as their advisor to shape consumer healthcare messages and serve as their medical spokesperson.
Client Success: Dr. Georgiou’s advocacy contributed to significant expansion of national media coverage and an improved healthcare consumer experience.
Utilizing her clinical knowledge, data analysis, and compelling on-air presence, Dr. Georgiou worked with the Healthgrades team to deliver a consumer-focused media experience. Her on-air communication expertise resulted in more bookings, higher profile bookings, and more effective media coverage. After the success in 2012, Healthgrades asked Archelle to continue as a clinical advisor focused on the company’s data, online, and media strategy.
- Archelle has collaborated with Healthgrades and their survey vendors to design a national survey to better understand how consumers pursue quality healthcare.
- She’s worked closely with Healthgrades’ New York public relations firm and satellite media tour partners to craft and shape the key messages for the company’s annual report card.
- As Healthgrades’ outward-facing spokesperson for their clients and the media, she conducts more than 40 media interviews each year.
- The elevated national media awareness she has helped to achieve is reflected her high-profile interviews with Katie Couric and Gerry Willis of Fox Business News.
- Archelle represents Healthgrades at receptions for key hospital clients, presenting clinical quality awards.
- Archelle created a suite of “Why Quality Matters” videos for the Healthgrades website.